Own the Microphone
In Own the Microphone: How More Than 50 of the World's Best Professional Speakers Launched Their Careers (And How You Can, Too!), award-winning international professional speaker Bridgett McGowen, brought together the voices of 50 professional speakers who tell you exactly how they launched their professional speaking careers, and they each give you brilliant advice for how you can launch your own speaking career either as a side gig or full-time.
But before you get their stories and advice, Bridgett gives you the 25 steps she took to launch her career. This one is a must-read even if you have no interest in getting paid to speak. The stories of resiliency, pressing through when it feels like you cannot take another step, and embracing your unique power will move anyone.
ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
PARTIAL TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Difference Between a Good Speaker and a GREAT Speaker by Brian Biro
- Just Take Action: Do Not Allow Fear to Stop You by Brian Bogert
- LOVE Your Subject by Debbie Boone
- You Are an Expert by Katrina Brittingham, JCDC, JCTC
- If It Is Your Passion, Then Do It by Lori Bruhns
- Speak for Impact, Not Applause by Isha Cogborn
- Done is Better Than Perfect … Start with the "Why" by Glynis Devine
- Market Yourself: Do Not Keep Yourself a Secret by Mona Dixon
- You Already Have What It Takes to Be Successful by Klyn Elsbury
- Find the Topics That Really Make Your Heart Sing by Kiala Givehand, MFA, Ed.S
- What You Have to Say Matters by Clinton Harris
- Find What Makes You Unique and Lean into It by Alana M. Hill
- Be Strategically Audacious by Crystal Kadakia
- Level-Up a Few More Notches by Ganes Kesari
- Your Message is Someone Else's Medicine by Artesian D. Kirksey
- Do Not Let All of the "No's" Discourage You by Tori Kruse
- Allow Yourself Space to Fail, Learn, and Grow … Fall in Love With the Process by Claudia S. Lovato
- Create Your Power Story by Dr. Will Moreland
- Learn From the Best by Monica Neubauer
- Sing While You Are Here by Chevara Orrin
- Make the Material Come Alive by Jessica M. Pierce
- Be Open to Change by Kelly Radi
- Surround Yourself With Titans, Not Titanics by Dr. Jim Smith, Jr. CSP
- Do The Work and Don't Go It Alone by Tish Times
- Tell a Story, Be Comfortable, and Be Confident by by Terri Broussard Williams
PLUS 25 additional professional speakers' stories.
Paperback: 340 pages